The Return of the Wii Loop Machine!
Over the past month I have been working like crazy on the long-awaited Wii Loop Machine
2.0. It is well on the way, and I hope to release it in around three weeks or so.
I will be giving a sneak peek of the new version this saturday the 3rd of November at the Glasgow Science Center
, as part of the "Meet the Scientist" programme. If you're in Glasgow that day I would love to see you and show off the software...I will be there from 11-4.
During the next few weeks I will be using this space to explain why version 2.0 is so much cooler than version 1.0. A small list of new features includes:
- Completely rebuilt from the ground up, making it far more extendable and ready for updates
- Sample accurate syncing, playback, and tempo adjustment
- Far better and more interesting effects, including a funky modulator, multi-tap delay, and a vastly improved granulator/pitchshifter
- all effects, as well as an EQ, available on every channel
- a movement recorder, which remembers what motions you've made and applies them to any effect
- real-time samplers on each channel, which run through all of the effects
- ultra-hip new look designed by jonbro
- and much, much, more.
Check back here for updates.
(photo by Alec
, i think)